FAMILY VISITS/ DEPENDENTS VISA (S1/S2)
Applicants who wish to visit their relatives who are in China due to work or study OR applicants who wish to apply as Dependent need to apply for the S1 or S2 category.
- Duly filled Visa Application Form *(V.2013) (You can download it from website www.visaforchina.org).
- Two white background passport size photographs.
- Typed covering letter, addressed To, The Visa Officer, Consulate General Of China, Mumbai/ Consulate General Of the People’s Republic Of China, Mumbai. Mentioning applicant’s name, passport number, (as per passport) Purpose of visit date of issue, and duration of stay.
- Invitation letter from relative staying in China due to work or study.
i) Invitation letter should be addressed To, The Visa Officer, Consulate General of China, Mumbai /Consulate General of people’s republic of china, Mumbai.
ii) Mentioning inviter’s details such as an address, contact details, etc.
iii) Relative’s passport copies; first and last page.
iv) Relative’s Chinese status (Chinese Visa) copy.
- Kinship Certificate. (Relationship Certificate which may include Birth certificate, Marriage certificate, etc.)
- Original passport with a minimum validity of six months and a minimum of two blank pages. If applying for the S1 visa category then the passport must have a minimum validity of 12 months. Passport copies, first and last page.
- Valid Indian status (Indian visa) copy and original in case of foreign nationals.
- Copies of old Chinese visas if any.
i) “Family member” refers to spouses, parents, sons/daughters, spouses of sons or daughters, brothers, sisters, grandparents grandsons/granddaughters, and parents-in-law.
ii) “For S1 Family member refers” to spouses, parents, sons & daughters under the age of 18 years and parents-in-law.
iii) In the category S1 refers to Applicants who are applying as dependent of applicants who are on the “Z” or “X” category in China.
iv) Applicants applying for the S1 visa category need to apply for a residence permit within 30days after entering China.
iv) S2 visa category refers to the duration of stay less than or equal to 180 days.